You’re tired, puyat, and stressed AF. But you’ll never show it with this simple, flawless, and fresh makeup look. You won’t even look like you’re wearing makeup — just that you woke up gorgeous, even in the middle of Hell Week.
1. Give your skin a little extra TLC
Skin usually gets very dry and dull when you’re running low on sleep. A gentle facial scrub will slough off dead skin cells and help boost circulation. Then pat a facial oil into your skin. Moisturized skin always looks healthier and more radiant, and foundation is easier to apply too.
Find a facial oil:
- SPLURGE: Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery oil – the botanicals work magic on your skin, and smell soooo relaxing. It’s pricey, but you can buy discounted at Lazada Ph for P6,683.16, and on installment for as low as P422 a month. So. Worth It.
- SAVE: Human Nature Sunflower Oil (P175) and Bio-Oil (P529), available at leading department stores and Mercury Drugstores.
2. Apply foundation with a makeup sponge
Too much foundation will just highlight lines and wrinkles, making you look older and more tired. Apply a light formula only where you need it. The goal is to just even out your skin tone, not completely blanket your face in product! Damp makeup sponges will give you sheer, even coverage.
Find a makeup sponge:
- SPLURGE: Beauty Blender (P1,005) completely changed the makeup sponge game! The big end gives fool-proof even coverage, and the pointy tip is perfect for applying concealer. Available at Sephora Philippines
- SAVE: The DTC Sponge (P300) is a real steal! We know a lot of pro makeup artists who stock up on this. Some people also prefer the shape to the Beauty Blender, because it’s easier to hold and control. Shop here at Digital Traincase.
Lower your chin so all the shadows on your face come out. Then, apply concealer under the eyes. Blend with your finger or the pointy tip of your Beauty Blender. Then set with a yellow powder, which cancels out the bluish and purplish tones of dark circles. Apply concealer on spots and blemishes. If you’re wearing a bright colored lipstick, apply concealer around the mouth, too.
Find a concealer:
- SPLURGE: Nars Creamy Concealer (P1,150) hides everything but doesn’t cake or look fake. Once you blend it in, it magically hides the dark circles and spots but looks exactly like your skin. Available at Rustan’s and BeautyMNL.
- SAVE: San San HD Concealer (P105) has pretty good coverage and a good yellow undertone. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (P299) has great coverage, too. Just blend well, and if you tend to get dry around the eyes, apply eye cream first.
4. Apply blush and highlighter
Cream or liquid blushers add a very natural glow. Work it into your skin, and don’t use powder – you want it to stay dewy and radiant. If you’re very oily, you can set it with translucent powder with a very fluffy brush.
Find a blush:
- SPLURGE: The Body Shop lip and cheek tint (P795) hydrates for hours, (perfect for dry lips and skin!) and leaves a gorgeous stain on your cheeks. Comes in a wide range of colors, from dusky rose to pomegranate, to suit all skin tones.
- SAVE: EB Advance lip and cheek stain (P105) is super super affordable, and is so highly pigmented that a little drop is enough! Apply a bit at a time, blending well, before applying another layer.
5. Fill in your eyebrows
Because everything can go wrong but if your kilay is perfect you can take on the world. Watch this easy video tutorial on how to fill in sparse eye brows.
6. Brighten up your eyes
If you’re too tired to do any complicated eyeshadow look, just curl your eyelashes and apply mascara. But if you have just a few seconds to spare, apply a matte neutral eyeshadow – like your skin tone, but a bit warmer — all across the eyelid. This can cancel discoloration and help your eyes look a little bit brighter and happier.
Find a mascara:
- SPLURGE: Lancome Hypnose (P3,200) isn’t cheap, but based on the five-star beeaty reviews and gushing testimonials from makeup bloggers from around the world, a lot of women believe that it’s worth every penny. It gives volume and length to the thinnest, sparsest lashes. And never clumps. Ever.
- SAVE: Maybelline’s got quite a rep for making pretty awesome mascaras, and Volum’Express Falsies Mascara (P459) is one of its star players. It’s waterproof and smudgeproof, lengthens lashes, and separates lashes perfectly. If you’ve got short, sparse lashes, you definitely need to try this one.
7. Pick a pinky nude lipstick
We love red lipsticks, but they’re high maintenance! If you’re in a rush or just want something fresh and pretty, a pink nude lipstick is the way to go. There are tons of nude lipsticks out there? This video can help you pick the perfect pinky nude based on your undertone, skin color and even what your natural lip color is!